At Kids First Occupational Therapy we pride ourselves on providing exceptional services that are goal directed, family centred and evidence based for best practice.
Assessments can take place in the Clinic, Day Care Centre, Preschool, School or Home.
We use both standardised, norm referenced assessments, non standardised assessments and clinical observations.
- First point of contact includes a detailed discussion with the parent over the phone
- Parent and teacher (with consent) questionnaires are sent out
- Other relevant information, such as work samples and medical reports from health professionals are collected
- Initial assessment (60-90 minutes)
- Formal report and recommendations provided (within 10 days of assessment). Copies are also provided to all others involved in your child's care (with consent)
- Goal development in collaboration with parents
- Classroom strategies are provided and resources discussed with educators
- Regular ongoing review assessments are conducted to ensure our children are progressing towards their goals. Discharge occurs once goals have been achieved
- Progress reports are provided after review assessmnets and as requested by parents and educators
Special Provision Assessment:
- Assessments and Formal reports conducted and provided to the School and Board of Studies
- Clinic, School, Pre School or Home visits are available
- Weekly or fortnightly sessions depending on the outcomes from the initial assessment
- Individual or paired sessions available
- Therapy sessions can be 30, 45 or 60 minutes
- Home Programs and Sensory Activity Schedules (if required) are developed for the child to do at home to support therapy
- Preschool and Kindergarten to Year 6 screenings are available at Pre schools, Day Care Centres and Schools
- Screenings are observation based of age appropriate Fine and Gross Motor Skills including Muscle Tone and Handwriting
- Screenings are conducted in pairs
- Results and recommendations are provided to families and educators
- Intensive individual therapy sessions are available at the clinic or home
- School Readiness Programs are run during term 4 at the clinic, pre schools, day care centres and in January to prepare our pre schoolers for Kindergarten
- Handwriting and Fine Motor groups are run every school holidays
You may register for our group programs by contacting Kids First OT directly or by filling out the form online
- Parent and teacher workshops are available
Products and resources:
- We have a range of products available and we happily order new products in for our parents and educators as required
- We value the importantance of a holistic approach to optimise intervention outcomes. We work closely with other health and educational specialists including Speech Pathologists and Phsycohologists. As an integrated practice we can provide details and refer if required.
- One of our close collaborations is with Clear Communicators Speech Therapy which enables us to provide multidisciplinary support to a number of families, peer learning and professional development. To find out more: Clear Communictaors Speech Therapy.
| || |